1. My phone displays "Contact Service".
The message "Contact Service" indicates that there may an internal problem with the phone. The following steps may help resolve the issue or give some indication as to the source of the problem:
- Remove and re-insert the battery according to the instructions in the user guide.
- Remove and re-insert the SIM card according to the instructions in the user guide.
- If your phone has an MMC (MultiMediaCard), remove and re-insert the MMC.
If your phone still displays the message, please bring it to the nearest Nokia service centre for inspection. You can find service center addresses from the drop-down menu at the bottom ofRepair.
2. Where is my nearest Nokia service center?
You can find service center address and contact information from your local Nokia Web site: select your location from the drop-down menu at the bottom of Repair.
3. How can I contact Nokia customer service?
You can find customer service contact information from your local Nokia Web site. In most cases, customer service is offered via email and/or phone.
To be directed to the customer service section of your local Web site, select your location from the drop-down menu at the bottom of Contact Us.
4. How do I recycle my mobile phone and accessories?
Just drop of your old mobile phone and accessories at any Nokia Care point. Nokia will send the old products to closest Nokia approved recycling company. Mobile phone recycling leads to both material and energy recovery from old devices, and helps ensure the proper disposal of harmful substances.